This week we got the bad news that the US Customs and Immigration Service has proposed a fee increase to the I-129 petition related to P and O permits. If the proposed increase is adopted, the fee to the Department of Homeland Security will go up to $460 (currently it is $325).
If you are planning to apply for a P or O permit this year, the Canadian Federation of Musicians office recommends you get your application in by no later than July 5th if at all possible.
Dear Brothers and Sisters, The South East Regional Folk Alliance Conference (SERFA) is coming up soon at the Montreat Conference Center in North Carolina. No doubt many of you are aware that North Carolina has recently passed controversial laws targeting lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) citizens. Montreat Center has issued a public statement […]
NEW BILL BRINGS HOPE TO CANADIAN MUSICIANS FOR IMPROVED ACCESS TO U.S. MARKET
The Winter 2016 edition of New Deal is now available
Join your Union Sisters & Brothers at the Local 1000 Gathering, May 2-4, 2016 at The Ashokan Center in Olivebridge, NY.
The annual gathering is our chance to meet, discuss, organize, share meals and make music. As part of the gathering, Local 1000 will hold our Spring Membership Meeting.
The major delays for processing P2 Visas continue, and we have recently learned that processing times are even longer now than they were the last time we updated you. We are monitoring the situation and we have been in close contact with the Canadian Federation of Musicians (CFM) office. They are about to send out an official notice advising that applications need to be in the office at least 75 calendar days in advance of the first contracted gig.